Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, scott.marlowe wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
> > The problem is that there is nothing to announce ... "Hi, we fixed some
> > bugs"? :)  minor releases don't have any features added to them, so isn't
> > really news worthy ... :(
>
> I don't know, if you're a postgresql user and you don't read these lists,
> you might find out about a bug in a release note and upgrade when you
> otherwise might not.
>
> www.linuxtoday.com has weekly updates from many gnu / OSS projects which
> are far less interesting than our 7.3.1 release is.  I could see posting a
> minor upgrade release notice there and on other OSS news web site
> (freshmeat, slashdot, etc...)

Okay, that I agree on ... note that my press list contains alot more then
that, most of which wouldn't be appropriate for a minor release ... maybe
we need to setup a seperate 'minor release' list?

Please note, I have no problems sending it out to a bunch of email
addresses, I'm just questioning whether it makes sense to do so ...
freshmeat not withstanding, since I don't see it as much of an annoucne
site as a centralized list of OSS software ...

Сообщение: Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...
Сообщение: Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...