Re: client for solaris

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: client for solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Friday 13 December 2002 00:52, Aravind Vinnakota wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I am looking for a postgreSQL client (okay with command line client) for
> installing on a Solaris 8 machine. The basic idea is to use the client and
> retreive the data from a database running on another machine. So, I want
> to know where I can get the client (url) for solaris? I dont want all the
> source, only the source of client. I am assuming postgreSQL will run on
> solaris. I can make a package from the source. By client, I mean the
> client libraries.

You will have to download the entire PostgreSQL source; the smallest available
package is "postgresql-base-x.x.tar.gz" which doesn't include the docs. etc.

This page:
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/install-procedure.html
contains info on installing the standard client apps without the server.

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net