Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter, Robert, Jason, Vince, Justin, et al.:

First off, I'd like to ask everyone to CUT IT OUT WITH THE $^*&^@** FLAMING,
ALREADY!   People are *attacking* each other instead of disagreeing.
Several posters seem to be taking to opportunity to say everything in the
most insulting way possible, even when the actual source of disagreement is
small.   Perhaps we should declare a moritorium on this topic for 48 hours to
let everyone calm down?

In case we don't, my response:

PETER, it's obvious that the press release team would have benefitted from
your copy-editing of the press release.    You have several good points about
places where we did not do the best possible job in the difficult task of
translating technical notes into a form the general press would understand.
I wrote a lot of the paragraphs you take issue with, and I don't deny that
they could stand improvement.

Would you be willing to act as a reviewer on future press releases?  That way,
we can get the benefit of your insight in a manner that will benefit the
press release process.

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco