Re: 7.3 RPMS

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: 7.3 RPMS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 04 December 2002 16:12, CSN wrote:
> Is there an ETA on the 7.3 RPMS? I'll probably just
> try compiling from source - should I remove the
> previous RPMS before compiling?

Where I live is currently undergoing a major ice storm.  I was not able to go
into work today; I have a set of RPMs for preliminary testing here now --
however, I have been in communication with the SuSE distribution's packager,
and we're trying to see how to better coordinate some of the several changes
that have occurred coming into 7.3.  I plan on working on this tonight, given
continuity of AC power and telephone service.  As I'm on dialup at home, it
will take a good deal of time to upload the set.

I want to thank Joe Conway for his unofficial RPMset.

To answer your question, it may very well be a good idea to rpm -e the RPM
installation first.

The 7.3 RPMset will include a very much requested feature, courtesy of Karl
DeBisschop, where multiple postmasters of the same version can be started.

ETA is this week sometime.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio