Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> > I'll preempt the 'this was all discussed on -advocacy, you should have
> > been there' response with yet another agreement with Vince :-) - I too
> > am getting far too much mail these days and another list is the last
> > thing I need.
>
> I'm not subscribed to -advocacy either.  I'm a little disturbed to hear
> that major decisions seem to be getting taken there without any mention
> in -hackers.

Everything that is discussed on -advocacy is generally that which is
dealing with the advocacy web site ... case studies and such ... there are
no "major decisions" being made over there ... in my case, it was a small
pool of ppl interested in advocacy/marketing that I could draw on to write
a stronger, less techie oriented, press release around ...

I have a list of 350+ contacts that I used to get it out through, in
various fields (university, publishing, etc) and needed something a little
bit more at that level then I've been able to create in the past ...

Most, if not all, of the stuff going through -advocacy is, right now,
revolving around keeping track of the various press links that ppl find
on the 'Net, which are to be added to the various sites that are currently
being developed ... as well as a point of contact for liason'ng with
companies willing/able to write and publish case studies ...