Обсуждение: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces

Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces

От
"Dave Page"

Strangely I was just thinking the same thing. If all the info is on
advocacy, then what exactly will be left on the main site? Idocs?

I was sort of under the impression that the site reshuffle was happening
in a top down manner anyway - start with the portal, then sort out the
less-immediately-visible lower bits.

I'll preempt the 'this was all discussed on -advocacy, you should have
been there' response with yet another agreement with Vince :-) - I too
am getting far too much mail these days and another list is the last
thing I need.

Regards, Dave.

Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces

От
Justin Clift
Dave Page wrote:
<snip>
> Strangely I was just thinking the same thing. If all the info is on
> advocacy, then what exactly will be left on the main site? Idocs?

Good point, and worth thinking about then.

> I was sort of under the impression that the site reshuffle was happening
> in a top down manner anyway - start with the portal, then sort out the
> less-immediately-visible lower bits.
>
> I'll preempt the 'this was all discussed on -advocacy, you should have
> been there' response with yet another agreement with Vince :-) - I too
> am getting far too much mail these days and another list is the last
> thing I need.

Ok then, what do you suggest?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Regards, Dave.

- Indira Gandhi

Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Dave Page wrote:

> I'll preempt the 'this was all discussed on -advocacy, you should have
> been there' response with yet another agreement with Vince :-) - I too
> am getting far too much mail these days and another list is the last
> thing I need.

And I'll pre-empt *that* with "the volume of email isn't changing, only
the ability to filter that email" ... the purpose of the -advocacy list is
to focus on how to better market the software ... not through stuff like
advertising, but how do we provide information to debunk alot of the
out-dated myths that still float around ...

Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Dave Page wrote:
>
> > I'll preempt the 'this was all discussed on -advocacy, you should have
> > been there' response with yet another agreement with Vince :-) - I too
> > am getting far too much mail these days and another list is the last
> > thing I need.
>
> And I'll pre-empt *that* with "the volume of email isn't changing, only
> the ability to filter that email" ... the purpose of the -advocacy list is
> to focus on how to better market the software ... not through stuff like
> advertising, but how do we provide information to debunk alot of the
> out-dated myths that still float around ...

But we *are* filtering.  I'm filtering out all mail from -advocacy.
Besides, I already got off of lists that I wanted to be on due to the
traffic.  Now you want me to join one that I don't want to be on so I
can get more traffic?  I've seen how well filters work.  I've asked you
questions that I never did get an answer to.  How is that any better than
not getting the mail to begin with?

Vince.
--   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com        Internet radio: It's not file sharing,
it'sjust radio.

Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces

Дата:
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> I'll preempt the 'this was all discussed on -advocacy, you should have
> been there' response with yet another agreement with Vince :-) - I too
> am getting far too much mail these days and another list is the last
> thing I need.

I'm not subscribed to -advocacy either.  I'm a little disturbed to hear
that major decisions seem to be getting taken there without any mention
in -hackers.
        regards, tom lane

Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> > I'll preempt the 'this was all discussed on -advocacy, you should have
> > been there' response with yet another agreement with Vince :-) - I too
> > am getting far too much mail these days and another list is the last
> > thing I need.
>
> I'm not subscribed to -advocacy either.  I'm a little disturbed to hear
> that major decisions seem to be getting taken there without any mention
> in -hackers.

Everything that is discussed on -advocacy is generally that which is
dealing with the advocacy web site ... case studies and such ... there are
no "major decisions" being made over there ... in my case, it was a small
pool of ppl interested in advocacy/marketing that I could draw on to write
a stronger, less techie oriented, press release around ...

I have a list of 350+ contacts that I used to get it out through, in
various fields (university, publishing, etc) and needed something a little
bit more at that level then I've been able to create in the past ...

Most, if not all, of the stuff going through -advocacy is, right now,
revolving around keeping track of the various press links that ppl find
on the 'Net, which are to be added to the various sites that are currently
being developed ... as well as a point of contact for liason'ng with
companies willing/able to write and publish case studies ...