Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Dave Page wrote:

> I could have sworn we used to have a bunch of ftp mirrors for downloads.
> Come to think of it I rewrote/stole a load of Vince's PHP code to allow
> you to select one from the portal recently. Are we not using them
> anymore?

Yup, as with doing anything for the firs ttime, the press release itself
had its 'bugs' ... considering how many times Josh asked for comments on
it, I'm surprised that nobody picked up on it *shrug*

We are looking at some improvements to the download stuff ... Greg(?)
suggested a layout that I really liked for a web based version that would
have to tie into the main mirror database ... one that provided a wee bit
more information then just the directory listings ... but, with that
thought, isn't there a file you can put into an ftp directory that, when
you web into that directory, i gives  you the listings with various
comments, or is that just using the .messages file?