Re: CASCADE PB

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: CASCADE PB
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, fred wrote:

> Hello,
> I use postgreSQL 7.2.3 and I have trouble on deleting.
> I would like to automaticly delete line in the 'coop' table when I dlete the
> line in the 'fact' table but it is not ok.
> Where is my mistake ?

On delete cascade goes the other direction.  What you've written says that
for any coop row that is deleted associated fact rows should be removed
not the other way around.  AFAICT your schema allows multiple fact rows
to reference a single coop row which means deleting the coop row will fail
unless this is the only fact row.