Re: Confused about user permissions and pg_hba.conf

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Confused about user permissions and pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 20:41:34 -0500,
  Graham Wilson <grahamwilsonca@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have searched through the archives but after 2 days
> of trying, I still cannot figure out how to get
> postgres permissions to work the way I need them to.
>
> What I am trying to do is setup Postgresql on a Linux
> server so that users can connect from anywhere on the
> subnet and edit tables that they themselves have
> created.  I then want other users to be able to access
> these tables as a 'guest' using the password
> 'readonly'.
>
> At the moment, I have,
>
>   host all  xxx.x.242.0 255.255.255.0 ident sameuser

I believe you need to upgrade to at least 7.2 so that you can have
separate lines for each user. Then what you do is first check for
any database user guest and use crpyt authentication (or if you trust
everyone on those hosts just use trust authentication). Then use
another record specifying any database, sameuser and ident authentication.