Re: Vacuum return codes (vacuum as db integrity check?)

От Stephane Charette
Тема Re: Vacuum return codes (vacuum as db integrity check?)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane wrote:

>IIRC, there were some problems with sequences going backwards after a
>crash in 7.2.  If you are on 7.2.x for x < 3, you are running a version
>with serious known bugs; you should update before complaining too much

Crazy question, but how do I determine the version number?

If I run "postmaster --version", I get told "postmaster (PostgreSQL)
7.2".

Does that really mean "7.2"?  We were under the impression that we'd
upgraded these boxes to 7.2.1 earlier this summer, so we're wondering
if the minor version number is perhaps not being displayed.  All of the
shell scripts in .../pgsql/bin/ contain the word "7.2" -- no mention of
minor version numbers such as "7.2.0", "7.2.1", etc.

(Next time we'll skip the binaries and download & compile the source
ourself so we know for certain what we're using!)

Best regards,

Stephane Charette