Re: dumping a password-protected db from a perl script or a binary

От Artur Pietruk
Тема Re: dumping a password-protected db from a perl script or a binary
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 04:32:38PM +0300, dima wrote:
> How can i dump a password-protected database using perl (DBI or pg) or C
> (using libpq)? I can't pass the password to pg_dump utility (I was
> trying to pass it via tty also) when running system() from perl.

    Isn't example below something like what you are trying to do:

====8<====
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main(void) {
        system("export PGDATABASE=\"test\"; export PGPASSWORD=\"test\"; export PGUSER=\"test\"; psql");

        exit(0);
}

    ? Here psql should connect to db 'test' as user 'test', password
'test'. Check if it works with pg_dump.

    I hope that helps! BTW - there are also other ways to do that...
Check docs of your pg version. $PGPASSWORD is deprecated.

    Best regards,
--
--- Artur Pietruk, arturp@plukwa.net