Re: VACUUM FULL fails to free diskspacef

От Morten Guldager
Тема Re: VACUUM FULL fails to free diskspacef
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 2002.10.16 20:18 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Morten Guldager wrote:
> >
> > My database cluster have one database with one table. (if we don't
> > count template0 and 1.
> >
> > My table has 3 collumns, 2 ints and a bytea. 2.5M rows and it
> consumes
> > 150G diskspace. I have a unique index on the 2 ints.
> >
> > I did a TRUNCATE on the table, and a VACUUM FULL.
> >
> > But PostgreSQL-7.2.3 did not return the space to the filesystem.
> (ext3
> > on linux)
>
> That is interesting.  I originally thought maybe the indexes aren't
> truncated, but it looks like that is happening.  Please try
> /contrib/oid2name to find which files are taking the space.

Ok, never used oid2name before, but here we go:

I located a datafile which must be one of the files holding the
non-freed space, it is 1073741824 bytes big.

It is: $PGDATA/base/16556/20048694

Next I did a: (mogul is the name of my database)

$ oid2name -d mogul -o 20048694
Tablename of oid 20048694 from database "mogul":
---------------------------------
20048694 = pg_toast_20048692

and then:

$ oid2name -d mogul -o 20048692
Tablename of oid 20048692 from database "mogul":
20048692 = regninger

And "regninger" is the name of the table I just truncated.

I have tried to drop the indexes, that does not help.

If I drop the database the space do get freed.

/Morten %-)

Сообщение: Re: newbie qs; fixing and checking databases
Сообщение: Re: newbie qs; fixing and checking databases