Re: foreign key problem with pg_dump under 7.3b2

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: foreign key problem with pg_dump under 7.3b2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15 Oct 2002, John Halderman wrote:

> I'm currently using 7.3b2 for test and development. I ran into a problem
> using a dumped schema from pg_dump. After importing the dumped schema,
> any delete or update involving a foreign key results in a relation 0
> does not exist error. I noticed that all my foreign key declarations
> were moved from the table create to separate statements at the bottom of
> the dump file. Thanks in advance for any insight into this problem you
> can lend.

If the data has moved from earlier versions (I think 7.0.x) there was a
bug in an older pg_dump that dropped a piece of information (the
related table) and the loss would be carried along.  That
information is now used rather than the name passed in the args
so said dumps break on b2. Current sources should fill in the missing
information whenever possible.