Re: Extent size

От Andreas Schmitz
Тема Re: Extent size
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tuesday 01 October 2002 17:18, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Andreas Schmitz wrote:
> > Hello *,
> >
> > is there any way in postgres to define the size of extents ?
>
> We don't have extents like Informix.  We use the file system so size is
> unlimited.  I think that answers your question.

Not really. If I want to store data in a efficient way I normally have a look
at the size of the data. lets say I've got text blocks of 1.5 kb. I would
consider to choose an extent size of 2kb instead of 4 kb to save up space.
Which would be the right consideration for postgres ?

regards

-andreas

--
Andreas Schmitz - Phone +49 201 8501 318
Cityweb-Technik-Service-Gesellschaft mbH