Re: Is it possible return any value other than 'OPAQUE'

От Sean Chittenden
Тема Re: Is it possible return any value other than 'OPAQUE'
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Is it possible return any value other than 'OPAQUE', If we can
> return how it can be retreived.
>
> CREATE FUNCTION emp_stamp () RETURNS OPAQUE AS
>     BEGIN
>
>     END;
> ' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

For functions that you need to have return a value, yes:

CREATE FUNCTION uga() RETURNS INT AS
BEGIN
  RETURN(5);
END:
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

In 7.3 triggers should return type TRIGGER and not OPAQUE.  This will
still work, but will issue a warning.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden