Bug #755: Error on create a new sequence by using the create table command.

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #755: Error on create a new sequence by using the create table command.
Дата
Re: Bug #755: Error on create a new sequence by using the  (Rod Taylor <rbt@zort.ca>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Søren Laursen (sl@scrooge.dk) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Error on create a new sequence by using the create table command.

Long Description
In postgresql 7.1 and 7.2.1:

Then using a statement like:
CREATE TABLE longtablename(
longtablenamenr serial NOT NULL UNIQUE PRIMARY KEY,....

)

and later a
CREATE TABLE longtablenamestep(
longtablenamestepnr serial NOT NULL UNIQUE PRIMARY KEY,....

)

I get an error on creating the last table. This is because the new sequence is named with the same name as the one used
bythe first table. The create statement is then terminated and no table is created. I would have to create the sequence
myself and then create the table using statements like:
 not null default nextval('"longtablename_longtablename_sq1"'::text).

Regards,

Soeren Laursen

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report