Re: Bug #755: Error on create a new sequence by using the

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: Bug #755: Error on create a new sequence by using the
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
7.3 will partially fix this issue by extending the length of the NAME
data type.

Ie.  You won't hit it until you have large (32+ character) length names.

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 16:31, pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org wrote:
> S=F8ren Laursen (sl@scrooge.dk) reports a bug with a severity of 2
>=20
> Short Description
> Error on create a new sequence by using the create table command.
>=20
> Long Description
> In postgresql 7.1 and 7.2.1:
>=20
> Then using a statement like:
> CREATE TABLE longtablename(
> longtablenamenr serial NOT NULL UNIQUE PRIMARY KEY,....
>=20
> )
>=20
> and later a=20
> CREATE TABLE longtablenamestep(
> longtablenamestepnr serial NOT NULL UNIQUE PRIMARY KEY,....
>=20
> )
>=20
> I get an error on creating the last table. This is because the new sequen=
ce is named with the same name as the one used by the first table. The crea=
te statement is then terminated and no table is created. I would have to cr=
eate the sequence my self and then create the table using statements like:

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Bug #755: Error on create a new sequence by using the create
От: "Guoben Li"
Сообщение: Internal compiler error in `layout_type' at stor-layout.c