Re: PostgreSQL unsuitable for large datasets?

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: PostgreSQL unsuitable for large datasets?
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Michael,

Please keep your replies on-list.

On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 08:05:57AM -0700, Michael Labhard wrote:
> Thanks for the tip.

You are welcome.

> Interesting idea but I monitored the process and found it to be using
> around 200 MB of memory already,

Maybe Cygwin's heap is not quite equivalent to "monitored process
memory"?

> so I'm not sure what to make of the reference you sent.

Note that this suggestion has help many others with Cygwin out-of-memory
problems.

> Unfortunately I'm not in a position to try a test either.

Hmm...

> Appreciate the interest.

Again, you are welcome.  However, it's sad that you are not even willing
to try my suggestion -- especially, since it is so easy to do so.
Nevertheless, you are the one with the itch, so you can choose to
scratch it or not.

Jason