Re: Compiling 7.2.1 with JDBC-Support fails - help needed

От Gregory Seidman
Тема Re: Compiling 7.2.1 with JDBC-Support fails - help needed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ralph Graulich sez:
} after successfully setting up Apache httpd with Jakarta Tomcat JSP-Server,
} I want to dive into database access with JDBC. Therefore I need to
} recompile postgreSQL. As the compiler run fails, I need help or helpful
} hints... if you need any more data, please let me know. TIA
[...]

I have the same setup, and had similar problems compiling the JDBC
driver. As it turns out, however, there is no need to configure/compile
PostgreSQL with Java support. The JDBC driver simply uses TCP to talk to
the server (must make sure that the postmaster is listening to its TCP
port), and since Write Once Run Anywhere is actually valid for non-GUI
things (mostly...), you can just grab the JDBC driver precompiled from
jdbc.postgresql.org

} Kind regards
} ... Ralph ...
--Greg