Re: BUG?: timestamp without TZ created as timestamp

От Thomas O'Dowd
Тема Re: BUG?: timestamp without TZ created as timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 22:56, Tom Lane wrote:
> That is the behavior in 7.2; it's a transient state to help people
> migrate from our old not-very-SQL-compliant datatype names.
>
> In 7.3 "timestamp" will mean "timestamp without time zone" per spec.

Just looking at the 7.3 docs... Is this right? Have the docs been
updated yet?

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/datatype-datetime.html

timestamp [ (p) ] without time zone
timestamp [ (p) ] [ with time zone ]

which implies to me that "timestamp" means "timestamp with time zone"???

Its also quite late here and I'm a bit star-eye'd so maybe I've got it
all wrong.

Thanks,

Tom.
--