Re: Free space mapping (was Re: Multi-Versions and Vacuum)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Free space mapping (was Re: Multi-Versions and Vacuum)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
En Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:45:05 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> escribió:

> Eventually we need code to collapse out free space in indexes.

Maybe when some lower limit is reached in two consecutive pages they
should be merged?

Maybe this can be one of my projects when I start really working on
Postgres.  I have yet to pick the items that I'll do. I don't know how
difficult it is though.

La web junta la gente porque no importa que clase de mutante sexual seas,
tienes millones de posibles parejas. Pon "buscar gente que tengan sexo con
ciervos incendiánse", y el computador dirá "especifique el tipo de ciervo"
(Jason Alexander)