Re: Problem installing postgresql with cygwin

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: Problem installing postgresql with cygwin
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Atanu,

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 08:39:10AM -0000, atanu  roy wrote:
> I need to install from source.

Why?  What is missing from the standard Cygwin package?

> However, when I try to install from the binary with cygwin, then
> also I encounter the following problem.
> [snip]
> This was the error message issued by that program:
> /usr/bin/postgres: invalid current euid 500

Create and/or edit your /etc/passwd and /etc/group files to fix the
above problem.  See man mkpasswd and mkgroup for more details.

> When I go for NT services Cygwin PostgreSQL installation
> procedure:I cannot locate lusrmgr.msc & secpol.msc files in my
> cygwin distribution.

lusrmgr.msc and secpol.msc are standard Windows 2000 MMC snap-ins to
manage users and security policies, respectively.  They are not part of
Cygwin.  You can also find them under:

    Start/Programs/Adminitrative Tools/Computer Managment
    Start/Programs/Adminitrative Tools/Local Security Policy

Jason

Сообщение: Re: Problem installing postgresql with cygwin
Сообщение: Re: Problem installing postgresql with cygwin