Re: Partial digest for the pgsql-admin list

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Partial digest for the pgsql-admin list
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 12:43:29PM -0400,
pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org wrote:

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 12:04:23 -0400
> From: Jeff Boes <jboes@nexcerpt.com>
> To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
> Subject: VACUUM on multi-CPU systems?
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts on whether my database vacuum/full/analyze
> might go faster on our 2-CPU system if I generated the VACUUM commands
> into a script, e.g.,

We do that.  It does speed things up, assuming you aren't using the
other CPU at the same time (which you wouldn't be just in case
there's no query on the other CPU which is blocked on a
currently-vacuuming table).  Remember to background the vacuum call
from your shell, or the script will only run the vacuums in series.

----
Andrew Sullivan                             204-4141 Yonge St
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110