Re: performance tuning: shared_buffers, sort_mem; swap

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: performance tuning: shared_buffers, sort_mem; swap
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 10:42:12AM -0500, Thomas O'Connell wrote:
> the caveat was to watch for swap activity when these values were being
> set. so my question is, how much swapping is too much, and is there a

Any swapping is too much on any system that is supposed to be fast.
Swap overhead is just terrible.  If you're swapping on your Postgres
machine, either find something that you can kill off, or reduce your
shared buffers (or both).

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110