Re: Upgrading on RH72

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Upgrading on RH72
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday 10 August 2002 05:46 pm, Patrick Nelson wrote:
> 5. did psql -e template1 < pg-upg-dump.sql which errored saying couldn't
> connect to <domain name of server>

> 6. checked /etc/init.d/postgresql and added the -o "-i" to the startup to
> get it to listen

You shouldn't do that.  Edit postgresql.conf (in /var/lib/pgsql/data) to do
this -- uncomment the tcpip_socket line and set it to true.  This is
documented in /usr/share/doc/postgresql-7.2.1/README.rpm-dist

> 7. tried step 5 again, but this time the error is:
>     psql: FATAL 1: No pg_hba.conf entry for host xxx.xxx.xxx.122, user
> root, database template1
> xxx.xxx.xxx.122 is the IP of the pg server that I'm working on

> How do I move forward if I can not get past this to ever start restoring?

Did you make a copy of your previous pg_hba.conf?  It gets overwritten during
initdb.  You will need to edit it.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio