Re: High Availability PostgreSQL HOWTO article

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: High Availability PostgreSQL HOWTO article
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 03:42:19PM -0400, Robert M. Meyer wrote:

> I've been thinking about the debug flags that allow me to log all of the
> queries that pass through the system as a possible path to this.  It
> wouldn't be hard to write a perl/sed/awk/whatever script to strip out
> the 'DEBUG:' bits and removes the 'SELECT' queries, leaving only the
> 'UPDATE' and 'INSERT' queries.  This could be trapped by a process that
> writes out the stream to a process on the replica server that would just
> store them in a file.  In the event of a primary system failure, a
> process would detect the loss of the primary server, force the current
> transaction log into the database, turn off the receiver daemon, then
> take whatever actions are necessary to become the primary.

Sounds like what you want is replication via a replay of the WAL.
Maybe take the work currently being done on PITR (over on -hackers)
and try to extend it?

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

Сообщение: Re: Automated database backups and authentication
Сообщение: Re: Automated database backups and authentication