Re: pgsql for Solaris 8 (SPARC)

От Tim Ellis
Тема Re: pgsql for Solaris 8 (SPARC)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 19:18:56 +0300
"Adonis Damian" <Adonis.Damian@infopulse.ro> wrote:

>     Where can I find a compiled version of PostGreSQL 7.2.1 for
> Solaris 8 (SPARC)?

Here's what I recommend (based on actually DOING THIS):

1. Have your Solaris admin install the GNU tools in /usr/local/bin. You
want at least GCC, autoconf, and make. Postgres main page may tell you the
exhaustive list of tools you need (it's not more than about 12). Safe bet,
install everything at www.sunfreeware.com.

2. Install Postgres source code.

3. export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH

4. ./configure ; make ; make install

Yes, that's it. It compiled TRIVIALLY for me after GNU tools were
installed. Any Solaris admin worth a shaker of salt will be able to
install the GNU tools in a short afternoon. They're all on
http://www.sunfreeware.com.

I DON'T recommend getting some precompiled binaries.

--
Tim Ellis
Senior Database Architect