Re: prepareable statements

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: prepareable statements
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 05:18:16PM -0400, Neil Conway wrote:
> I've attached an updated version of the prepareable statements patch. It
> is very similar to the latest patch I posted on -hackers -- the only new
> changes are a few comment fixes, an unrelated typo fix, and re-sync
> with latest CVS. I'm not aware of any outstanding issues with the patch,
> so if you'd like me to change something, let me know.
>
> The current syntax is:
>
>     PREPARE q1(a,b,c) AS ...;
>
>     EXECUTE q1(1,2,3);
>
>     DEALLOCATE q1;
>
> Peter objected to the EXECUTE syntax, whereas Rod Taylor said it was
> good. Not really sure which way to go...

 I agree with Peter. SQL is not language like C (or others). SQL
 queries seem like English sentence and rather then braces use
 standard words. The construction q1(1,2,3) seems like table 'q1'
 and fields a, b, c or it seems line function call.

 IMHO this your syntax is not consisten with other SQL syntax, it's
 SQL by C/C++ programmer's glasses :-)

 BTW -- Neil, I must thank to you. I'm very glad you finish my old
 ideas and work/experiments and put it official tree. Thanks!

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>
 http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/