Re: Two question about performance tuning issue.

От nconway@klamath.dyndns.org (Neil Conway)
Тема Re: Two question about performance tuning issue.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 03:43:30AM +0900, Kangmo, Kim wrote:
> 2. appendStringInfoChar reallocates every bytes whenever needed,
> why don't reallocate chunk for better performace?

enlargeStringInfo() takes care of that -- from the comment in the
function:
   /*    * We don't want to allocate just a little more space with each    * append; for efficiency, double the buffer
sizeeach time it    * overflows. Actually, we might need to more than double it if    * 'needed' is big...    */

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>