Re: usernames and passwords

От Artur Pietruk
Тема Re: usernames and passwords
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 12:16:53PM +0200, Vicente Vives wrote:
> Hi .

    Hello!

> I have a server running PostgreSQL Version 6.5, and i have a problem.
> I grant some distinct privileges to some users (and that works). The
> problem
> is that those users can log in with any password. Each user has a
> password
> assigned but not matter the password the user use to log in, if the user
> exists always will get access to the database.

    Go to your $PGDATA directory, and check your pg_hba.conf. That's
file where you can confiure access do your db - it is wery well commented,
read it and you will find out what to do (if not, go to docs and read about
pg_hba.conf). It looks, that you may have "trust" enabled for local
connections (or for whatever way they are connecting), or something like
that, and that is why users are authenticated without their passwords.

    Best regards,
--
--- Artur Pietruk, arturp@plukwa.net