Too many clients to Postgresql server

От Siva Kumar
Тема Too many clients to Postgresql server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We have a website using postgresql and php, hosted in a shared server. The
settings for the maximum connections allowed is 32.

I have used the persistent connection function pg_pconnect for all the
database connections. For the past one week I have started getting the
maximum number of clients reached message now and then. Today one of my
customers also called up with the same problem.

The question is, should I change the way of connecting to the server to
pg_connect? What will be the implications? Otherwise, how can the persistent
connections be closed down?

Thanks and best regards,

Siva Kumar

--