Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 11 July 2002 11:29 pm, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Lamar Owen wrote:
> > Well, you're right.  *I* can't shut anything down (except my server...).
> > But my reply was targeted to the 'who died and made you king' ad hominem.

> And my reply was to those who wanted to shut down the discussion.
> Lamar, you weren't one of them.

As I was in the cc list, it was my message replied to, and my Asperger's
kicked in again, I misunderstood.

> The discussion addressed a serious issue, specifically that though
> PostgreSQL looks great on paper, with the Postgre* and the SQL, it is
> hard to pronounce.

You know, I think I brought the issue up once myself.  But I further realized
that it really isn't hard to pronounce.

> Sure, just call us Database.  Maybe Red Hat Database is a trend.  ;-)

We might get confused with dBASE.  Hmmm.  pBASE?  (nah.)
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio