Re: (A) native Windows port

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: (A) native Windows port
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday 10 July 2002 11:48 am, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 16:20, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > On Wednesday 10 July 2002 09:11 am, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> > > And I have written custom postgres table dumpers in python without too
> > > much effort (except reverse-engineering the page structure ;) for both
> > > 6.x and 7.x database tables, so we could actually use python here too.

> > I'm willing to look into this.  However, the dump still has to be pulled
> > with a standalone backend -- no networking availability can be assumed.

> Actually it works on raw table file ;)

> the script is meant for quick and dirty resque operations, and requires
> that one writes their own data-field extractor code. I have used it
> mainly to resurrect accidentally deleted data.

> it is for 7.x style pagefile layout

Hmmm.  This is interesting stuff.  I'll have to take a look at it once I'm
finished re-learning Fortran 77 for a project I'm doing (34MB of DEC Fortran
source that g77 doesn't like very well) for work.  I have a hard time
switching language gears.  Particularly the Fortran 77 -> Python gear... :-)
Although at least the fixed-form paradigm stays there in the transition. :-)
It's been a very long time since I've done Fortran of this complexity.
Actually, I've never done Fortran of _this_ complexity -- this is serious
number-crunching stuff that uses all manners of higher math (tensors, even).
There is no direct C equivalent to some of the stuff this code is doing --
which is part of the reason g77 is having problems.  But I digress.

Getting the %pre scriptlet to use a non-sh interpreter is undocumented, but
not hard.  :-) (actually, I stumbled upon it by accident one time -- that
time it was a bug....)  Now to see if it can be done consistently in both the
anaconda chroot as well as a standard rpm command line invocation.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio