Re: PostgreSQL / Reporting tool

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: PostgreSQL / Reporting tool
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 09 Jul 2002 2:20 pm, Johnson, Shaunn wrote:
> Curious to find out if anyone is using a (any) tool
> to connect to the database and generate detailed level
> reports.
>
> For example, a minor part of the department is still
> using MS Access a la ODBC to do some reporting.  A few
> others are thinking about getting rid of any Microsoft
> related product (yea!) but still need to find another
> solution.  One possible solution is using Crystal Report
> Writer (www.seagate.com).

I use Access for reports on PCs - if people like it, leave them alone. Crystal
can be a real PITA although I think it's got the lion's share of reporting on
PCs.

> Although I try to use Perl to do some not-too-complicated
> reporting, having to learn a new language is something that
> the department is not in favor of.

There are various XML and similar projects out there that will produce a
report as postscript/pdf - AFAIK none of them offer the graphical template
building that Crystal/MS-Access do.

- Richard Huxton

Сообщение: Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Сообщение: Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly