Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

От Philip Hallstrom
Тема Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> >I'm sorry, but someones lame argument about 'whether to
> >search for postgres or postgresql'... like, come on ... if you have any
> >doubt, just search for postgres, it *is* a sub-string of the formal name
>
> Hmmm? Most search engines do not treat substrings in this manner. Try the
> following two searches on Google:
>
> statistics gathering postgresql damond walker
> statistics gathering postgres damond walker
>
> The latter search does not return any matches, while the first does.
> (Obviously, the reverse is also true -- searching for "postgresql" won't
> show you matches of pages that only mention "postgres".) In general, if
> you do two searches on "postgres" and "postgresql", the results are quite
> different, usually in the opposite direction from which you suggested:
> you get more hits for "postgresql".
>
> This effect makes searches difficult for PostgreSQL users, and makes the
> software appear less popular to people doing searches on only one term,
> especially "postgres" (or, heaven forbid, "postgre"). The name MySQL, for
> example, does not have this drawback, although I suppose some people
> might search for "my sql" and have a similar problem.

Actually they don't... if you do a google search on "my sql query" the
first thing google reports back is:

Did you mean: mysql query

-philip

От: "Gregory Wood"
Сообщение: Re: Bug in 7.2.1? -- ERROR: Adding columns with defaults is not implemented.
Сообщение: Re: Bug in 7.2.1? -- ERROR: Adding columns with defaults is not implemented.