Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> > > The idea of calling it "Postgres SQL Server" has merit because it is so
> > > close to what we already have, just an added 's' and a space.
> >
> > ... and a M$ trademark violation suit, just waiting to happen whenever
> > M$ decides we are big enough to be a threat.
> >
> > Stay far far away from any name including "SQL Server".
> >
> > (I still like plain "Postgres" though.)
>
> Nobody to date, I don't believe, has jumped down ppls throat for
> informally calling it Postres .. the "formal" name is PostgreSQL ..
> nothing stop's ppl from using Postgres in 'conversation' though ... I
> personaly use PgSQL more often then not, since I find ppl seem to be able

I think that is because PgSQL is a full acronym, rather than a mixed
word/acronym combination, though actually if Pg were a word, they would
say pu-gu-SQL.  The 'my' in MySQL is a word so they say it that way.

Сообщение: Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Сообщение: Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly