Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> > The idea of calling it "Postgres SQL Server" has merit because it is so
> > close to what we already have, just an added 's' and a space.
>
> ... and a M$ trademark violation suit, just waiting to happen whenever
> M$ decides we are big enough to be a threat.
>
> Stay far far away from any name including "SQL Server".
>
> (I still like plain "Postgres" though.)

Nobody to date, I don't believe, has jumped down ppls throat for
informally calling it Postres .. the "formal" name is PostgreSQL ..
nothing stop's ppl from using Postgres in 'conversation' though ... I
personaly use PgSQL more often then not, since I find ppl seem to be able
to spell it, while alot of ppl that I've dealt with have a problem with
spelling the Postgres part of PostgreSQL for some reason ...

Сообщение: Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Сообщение: Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly