Problem on PostgreSQL (error code, store procedures)

От Carmen Wai
Тема Problem on PostgreSQL (error code, store procedures)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello,

I would like to know if there are any global variables
storing the error code or the number of rows affected
after each execution of the SQL statement.

Also, for Postgresql function, I have checked that I
can only call the function by: select function(parms)
or by EXECUTE PROCEDURE function(parms) in the trigger
action. I wonder whether there is any other method for
calling the function which is similar to the stored
procedures in the MS SQL server?

Thank a lot!
Carmen