Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Дата
Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly  (Ricardo Junior <suga@netbsd.com.br>)
Список pgsql-general
Sander Steffann wrote:
> > Beats me, but when the Addison-Wesley publisher called to talk to me
> > about doing a book, he called is Postgre.  I knew we were in trouble.
>
> I know someone who does that too (even after telling him it is NOT Postgre a
> LOT of times)... I just don't know where people get that idea!

I didn't write it correctly.  He said "Postgray" I think or "Postgree".
Both made me feel a little ill.  The strange thing is that until
PostgreSQL got popular, no one really said the word, we just wrote it,
and my editor has a "PostgreSQL" string macro so I don't even type it
anymore, but when you start to talk to people, it does become a problem.

The idea of calling it "Postgres SQL Server" has merit because it is so
close to what we already have, just an added 's' and a space.