Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Дата
Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Jeff Eckermann wrote:

> Well, for one:
>
> An awful lot of people think the name is:
> "Postgre-SQL", or
> "Postgre-SEQUEL"
>
> If marketing matters (as a lot of people have been
> suggesting in recent threads), then better to have a
> non-ambiguous name that is easy to pronounce
> correctly.

Post-gres-Q-L ... again, that is difficult to pronounce in what way?  Or
is it just too much work to educate ppl?  I'm sorry, but I have alot of
ppl that ask me about 'Postgres', and the first thing I do is explain to
them what *Postgres* was, and how to pronounce Post-gres-Q-L ...
personally, I've been saying it for so long now that it just rolls off the
tongue *shrug*

Сообщение: Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Сообщение: Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly