Re: Which DB is using space.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Which DB is using space.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Gary Stainburn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Below is the output from 'du -kx /|sort -rn|head'.  It's showing that
> /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/46169 is using a big chunk of my disk.
>
> How can I tell which DB this is?
> What suggestions can people make to reduce the amount of disk space used by
> this DB?
>
> __BEGIN__
> 361365    /
> 282030    /var
> 232427    /var/lib
> 186879    /var/lib/pgsql
> 186874    /var/lib/pgsql/data
> 153866    /var/lib/pgsql/data/base
> 122399    /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/46169
> 40675    /lib
> __END__
>
> Ta
> --
> Gary Stainburn
>
> This email does not contain private or confidential material as it
> may be snooped on by interested government parties for unknown
> and undisclosed purposes - Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, 2000

Sure, see contrib/oid2name.  It generates a list of oid/dbname pairs.

Also, I recommend getting oid2name from the snapshot/CVS and using that.
It has the newer readme and some changes to make the examples display
properly.  Also see the new doc section for 7.3 on disk usage:

        http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/diskusage.html