Re: regress/results directory problem

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: regress/results directory problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Does anyone know when this problem was added.  I don't see any
> >> significant changes in GNUmakefile.
>
> AFAICT, the results directory hasn't been touched in 21 months.
> Are you sure you haven't changed your own CVS setup or arguments?

I looked at that.  My cvs hasn't changed, my OS hasn't changed.  I
deleted my entire tree and did another checkout, but that didn't help.

> > The -d brings in any directories that may have been created since the
> > last checkout.  That is causing problems when the regress/results
> > directory has been deleted and recreated.
>
> I use cvs update -d -P myself, and I do *not* see it creating the
> results directory.

The problem is that if the results directory exists, the update fails
because there is no /CVS directory in there.

Here is a sample session.  At the start regress/results does not exist:

$ cvs update -d -P pgsql
? pgsql/config.log
$ cd /pg/test/regress/
$ mkdir results
$ cd -
/pgcvs
$ cvs update -d -P pgsql
? pgsql/config.log
? pgsql/src/test/regress/results
cvs update: in directory pgsql/src/test/regress/results:
cvs update: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory

It seems to be failing because there is no CVS directory in results.

This is CVS:
Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.10.3 (client/server)

Pennsylvania19026