Re: db connection fails

От Mark Tessier
Тема Re: db connection fails
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> > > Have you tried doing a network connection with your "apache" user? (su -
> > > apache; psql -h localhost group3.)
> >
> > Yes, I've tried it and get the following:
> >
> > psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
> >     Is the server running on host 192.168.1.2 and accepting
> >     TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

> This is a useful clue. It suggests that your code may be fine and that the
> problem is in the networking or authentication setup. (You're using TCP/IP
> even if you are on the same box.)
>
> If you haven't already done so, take a look at your pg_hba.conf file. Info
> on how to set it up can be found here:

I've done so and find the following:

 # TYPE     DATABASE    IP_ADDRESS    MASK               AUTH_TYPE  AUTH_ARGUMENT

local      all                                          trust
host       all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255    trust

This means I should already be able to connect, although it's stated that "TCP/IP connections are completely disabled
unlessthe server is started with the -i switch or the equivalent configuration parameter is set."

So, how do I restart postgres with the -i switch set, and is there a conf file to modify so that postgres starts up
withthe -i switch set when I turn on the machine?  Normally I restart postgres like this

/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql restart

--
Thanks,

Mark