Re: Are statistics gathered on function indexes?

От Ray Ontko
Тема Re: Are statistics gathered on function indexes?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom,

> Ray Ontko <rayo@ontko.com> writes:
> > 1) here's the "bad" stats.
> > 2) here's the "good" stats.
> > Note that the information really is different.
>
> Yeah.  It seems that the critical difference is the null_frac; if I take
> your "bad" values and change null_frac to 0 then I get
> reasonable-looking answers, but with null_frac = 0.000333333 I indeed
> get bad answers.  I suspect null_frac is getting double-counted
> somewhere, and depending on just how many nulls ANALYZE happens to find,
> you might get pushed over the edge from a small selectivity to zero or
> negative selectivity.  Will dig further.

Does this help?

develop=# select count(*) from actor where actor_full_name is not null ;
 count
--------
 433809
(1 row)

develop=# select count(*) from actor ;
 count
--------
 433902
(1 row)

Ray
Ray Ontko   rayo@ontko.com   Phone 1.765.935.4283   Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.   Software Consulting Services   http://www.ontko.com/

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Are statistics gathered on function indexes?
Сообщение: Re: Are statistics gathered on function indexes?