Re: Constraints/Triggers information?

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Constraints/Triggers information?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Tim Ellis wrote:

> alter table license drop constraint fk_lic_lc restrict ;
> drop table license ;
> create table license (
>   id numeric(18),
>  . . .
> ) ;
> alter table license add constraint fk_lic_lc
>   foreign key (license_code_id) references license_code (id) ;
>
> Where the final statement had previously run successfully:

> psql:file.sql:284: NOTICE:
>   ALTER TABLE will create implicit trigger(s) for FOREIGN KEY check(s)
>
> The initial statement (alter table drop constraint) always fails with

> psql:file.sql:22: ERROR:  ALTER TABLE / DROP CONSTRAINT:
>   fk_lic_lc does not exist

Current PostgreSQL's drop constraint only works on check constraints.
To drop foreign keys, you have to do,
drop trigger "<triggername>" on <table> for the three triggers it
creates (2 on the pk table, 1 on the fk table).

> But I can't get any information on the RI_ entries. What's wrong with me?
> Do I need to RTFM? If so, which FM do I need to R?

Pretty much the most useful info on the triggers can be found on
techdocs.postgresql.org.  There are a couple of essays on them.