pg_dump and restore from 7.0? to 7.2.1 problem

От Paul Warner
Тема pg_dump and restore from 7.0? to 7.2.1 problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I've looked for this in the books and archives and
haven't been able to find an answer.

I did a pg_dump on an older postgres database (I
believe it's 7.0.something), and restored to 7.2.1
with multibyte capability.  The old db is not
multibyte.  What's happened is that there are a
significant number of rows in the dump file that are
not getting loaded into the new database. The tables
are getting there, but not the data.

I notice that there are triggers added in 7.2 that
don't appear in the earlier version (as in: Triggers:
RI_ConstraintTrigger_1663276).  I don't know if this
is related, but it is true that all the 952 messages
related to a certain topic didn't make it into one
table.

This strikes me as a version issue related to
integrity constraints, but could it be related to the
change to multibyte?

I'm working on FreeBSD 4.5, with aolserver and openacs
3.2.4.

Thanks very much for your help!

Paul Warner