Re: Referential integrity problem postgresql 7.2 ?

От Victor Wagner
Тема Re: Referential integrity problem postgresql 7.2 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2002.06.11 at 14:43:17 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com> writes:
> > It should work (and does in current sources).  If you look in the archives
> > you should be able to get info on how to patch 7.2 (it came up recently,
> > I'm not sure which list, and Tom Lane sent the message in question).
>
> BTW, should we back-patch that into 7.2.*?  I was resistant to the idea

I would appreciate this.

I doubt that I it would fix problem with

update sometable set a=a+1

where there exist unique index on sometable(a), but it would make
postgresql behavoir closer to standard SQL.

In my (user) point of view, it is obvoisly bugfix, rather than added
feature, so it has right to appear in 7.2.x release.

--
Victor Wagner            vitus@ice.ru
Chief Technical Officer        Office:7-(095)-748-53-88

Сообщение: Re: Referential integrity problem postgresql 7.2 ?
Сообщение: Re: Referential integrity problem postgresql 7.2 ?