Re: What err ???

От Tim Ellis
Тема Re: What err ???
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 7 Jun 2002 09:37:08 -0500
"Ross J. Reedstrom" <reedstrm@rice.edu> wrote:

> > SELECT RazaoSocial + ' - ' + Iif(Bairro Is Null,'',Bairro + ' ') +
> > CGCCli As Coluna FROM Clientes WHERE RazaoSocial Like '%A%'
>
> This looks like some other dialect of SQL, not SQL92 (nor PostGreSQL).
 . . .
> Note that this is _not_ an ADMIN question: it belongs on NOVICE.

I have a Postgres admin question.

I have a large number of accounting and marketing users that feel Access
is a perfectly legitimate database for them to set up, populate with data
(and nasty wierd queries), then hand over to me to administer (complaining
that it doesn't run fast is usually a first symptom).

I feel "format c:" is a perfectly good response to this scenario.

Now I'm relegated to a corner of the copy room, and my personal
workstation is a Mac Classic which, BTW, I can't get Postgres to compile
on.

Is there some indexing strategy or backup regimen I could implement that
would make all this better?

--
Tim Ellis
DBA, Gamet