Re: Bug #676: lower(), upper(), & initcap() do not work on utf-8 chars

От Henry House
Тема Re: Bug #676: lower(), upper(), & initcap() do not work on utf-8 chars
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 12:56:06AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> > The string case manipulation functions lower(), upper(), & initcap()=20
> > have no effect on non-ASCII characters in the argument, such as =EF=BF=
=BD, =EF=BF=BD,=20
> > =EF=BF=BD, =EF=BF=BD, etc. ASCII chars in the argument are properly up-=
 or down-cased.
> > The database encoding is UTF-8.=09
>=20
> lower/upper-casing is driven by locale, not encoding.
>=20
> Unfortunately you didn't mention anything about your locale setup...

The server locale is en_US.UTF-8. (At least I set it up as such when
installing PostgreSQL; I know no way to verify.) The server version is 7.2.=
1,
running on a IA32 and a DEC Alpha; both machines show the same behavior. Bo=
th
are Debian Linux. Perhaps the bug lies in the locale definition supplied by
Debian?

--=20
Henry House
The attached file is a digital signature. See <http://romana.hajhouse.org/p=