Re:

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 11:27:20 +0000, rhema@bhasin.co.in wrote:
> hello,
> I need to know if there are any database event triggers
> in postgres like i want the trigger to run periodically(every day just like
> crontab on unix), i need to delete the records in a table automatically
> after a period of say 90 days.
>
> It is possible to create trigger on table before insert or update but if
> there are no insertions or updations on the table, the record will remain
> in the database.
> looking forward for the suggestions.

Probably you just ran to run a cron job that deletes records older than
90 days in order to reclaim space. If it is important that transactions
not see this older data, than you want to write your selects so that older
records are not visible.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Functions with dynamic queries
Сообщение: Re: Functions with dynamic queries